Igor Koscak comes from Germany and lives today with his wife in the Philippines. He studied electric engineering and business administration in Germany but also in Italy. That is where he discovered his interest in living abroad, but he never had the chance to do so as after his studies he immediately started a great career in the automotive industry with Porsche, then Audi. Igor met his wife who comes from Austria when she was posted in Iran, very soon after that they got married, he quit his job and they moved to Manila as she was transferred to the Philippines.
Glimpse on Igor's insights in this episode:
- What motivated him to quite his secure and great job to join his wife in a global nomadic life.
- How did he deal with "being the following husband".
- What helped him keep hope and find a job in the Philippines.
- How he establish his circle of friends and social net.
- How to manage an intercultural team and adapt to local management cultures.
Igor's online ressource in relocation:
Igor's book recommendation:
Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.
Help your expat friends who might need inspiration to turn the challenges of relocation into great opportunities.
Share this episode with your friends!