Olga Mecking comes from Poland and she had moved the first time to Canada to join her German boyfriend at the time. They then moved together to Germany. A marriage and three kids later, she now lives with her family in the Netherlands. Olga is a blogger, writer, and translator. She has co-written four books and her blog is called The European Mama. The blog is about life abroad, raising children, and travelling. Olga is a regular contributor to Multicultural Kid Blogs, where she is also a board member. Her writings have been published on Scary Mommy, Mamalode, and The Huffington Post just to name a few.
Glimpse on Olga’s insights in this episode:
- How she deals with the overwhelming quantity and diversity of parenting advice.
- How she deals with parenting judgments from outsiders and cultural differences.
- The major event that led her to start writing.
- Her tips to start a successful blog.
- Dutched Up!: Rocking the Clogs Expat Style
- Only Trollops Shave Above the Knee: The Crazy, Brilliant, and Unforgettable Lessons We've Learned from Our Mothers
- Martinis & Motherhood: Tales of Wonder, Woe & WTF?!
- Yum!: Deliciously Healthy Recipes for Kids
Find Olga Mecking: