Many women around the globe act as full or part time caregivers in some capacity and their free labor allows businesses to expand profits and take advantage of their creativity. Often, as a result women are financially dependent and vulnerable.
If you do find yourself on the spectrum of vulnerability and financial dependence, know that you are not alone and this problem is a much larger societal problem.
It is not only time for unpaid work to be recognized in our society, but also for players at all the levels of our society to share the “caring” burden so that women and all caregivers can have the bandwidth to achieve their own dreams, create their own financial freedom and break the glass ceiling.”
But, if you are seeking to grow your own business and earn your own revenue streams– it is possible. There are ways you can empower yourself throughout your entrepreneurial journey in both big and small ways.
What you will learn:
- How I see this societal issue play out in the day-to-day life of women who want to grow a successful portable business while being present for their loved ones
- What conversation you can have with yourself to make your business a priority
- What conversation you can have with your family to make yourself a priority
Resources and inspiration:
- Find out more about The Equal Care Day
- Read the article: Household work would make up 30-50% of GDP—if it were included
- The OECD Development Centre: Unpaid Care Work: The missing link in the analysis of gender gaps in labour outcomes
- The World Bank: This is how COVID-19 has affected women’s employment
- Susan Hyatt’s IG posts:
- The book: Boundary Boss: The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free
- Learn more about the nonviolent communication method
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!