Jody Ballard was born in Hawai, mother of three grown-up kids, she lived all her life moving from a country to another, currently, she is living between Warsaw (Poland), where her husband works, and Abu Dhabi (UAE), where she goes back regularly for her professional projects.
She is a licensed clinical therapist, a certified wellness coach, a professional trainer and a public speaker. She is also the author of the novel “The smell of Mud”, working on a second novel, called “Whispers from the sand”. Jody is also the founder of a fascinating yearly event called the “Women’s Heritage Walk” that takes place in Abu Dhabi.
Glimpse on Jody’s insights:
- How to build a strong relationship with our partners and manage to go through stressful transitional times together.
- How to adapt to new cultures and get out of our comfort zones.
- How to build a successful career while moving from a country to another.
Jody’s habits in relocation:
- Appreciating the people who are in her daily life (friends but also those who are not necessarily close, such as the people who work in the grocery store where she shops…etc.).
- Asking questions and trying to understand cultural differences.
- Not fearing to ask for help.
Jody’s recommended online resources:
Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram).
Jody’s recommended books:
Third Culture Kids by David C. Pollock
Find Jody Ballard:
Help your expat friends who might need inspiration to turn the challenges of relocation into great opportunities.
Share this episode with your friends!