It can be easy to get overwhelmed, especially when running a portable business and taking care of a family on the move. Jodi Harris shares with you some simple ways to relieve stress and find serenity.
“When you know how to identify your emotions you can work through them more effectively” – Jodi Harris
Jodi Harris is a mother of 3 TCKs, a wife of a US diplomat, a certified coach, a mindfulness teacher, and a writer. Prior to moving overseas, Jodi practiced as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She is originally from Austin, Texas and has lived in Spain, Northern Ireland, Japan (twice), the Dominican Republic and Madagascar. Through her coaching practice, World Tree Coaching, LLC, she works with diverse clients all over the world through one-on-one coaching, group coaching, and facilitation. Because she has over 15 years experience working with individuals living away from their native culture, she is an expert at reminding the global and mobile community how capable and amazing they really are while supporting people in finding a sense of home no matter where they go.
What you will learn
In this episode, you will learn:
- What mindfulness means and how to practice it in everyday life
- How to apply simple mindfulness using a mindful breathing exercise
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation
- Jodi’s top 3 mindfulness practices to help when overwhelmed and stressed
- A top mindfulness tip when going through a rough transition period, like moving to another country
“Ask yourself who do you want to be in that moment of stress” – Jodi Harris
Highlights from the episode
- About Jodi and what she does for global entrepreneurs (1min:14sec)
- One tip for those starting to grow a global and mobile business (4min:48sec)
- How Jodi describes mindfulness (5min:59sec)
- A mindful breathing exercise and a chance to experience mindfulness yourself (8min:37sec)
- Online resources for mindfulness and meditation (13min:43sec)
- What is mindfulness meditation (14min:50sec)
- Dan Siegel’s “Name it to tame it” method and why it works (18min:59sec)
- Moving mindfulness (20min:31sec)
- Ask yourself who you want to be in the moment of stress (22min:14sec)
- And more ways Jodi practices mindfulness (28min:07sec)
Resources and Inspiration
- Meditation tool: https://insighttimer.com
- Mindfulness expert: www.drdansiegel.com
- Mindfulness resources: www.gaia.com
Previous Episodes with Jodi
- Episode 20: Introduction to Personal Leadership with Pari Namazie Vienna
- Episode 21: Slow down and savor, you might see the windows that you haven’t noticed before – Jodi Harris
Take Action Right Now
- Share your own mindful practices in the comments below and tell us what works for you.
- What did you learn about mindfulness? Let the Tandem Nomads community know.