What do door-to-door sales have to do with succeeding as an entrepreneur?
About 15 years ago, I held a position selling encyclopedias door-to-door with a publishing company called Southwestern. That job is now long in the past, but the lessons I learned during that period have shaped my understanding business and sales, and they continue to influence my career as an entrepreneur.
“If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it” – Mary Engelbreit
I truly believe that I owe much of the success I’ve experienced with my own portable business to the insights I gained all those years ago!
In this episode, I want to look back in time and share my real-world education with you!
I’ll explain the 5 lessons from my experience selling encyclopedias door-to-door that I hope will also help you in your entrepreneurial journey!
What you will learn:
- 5 important lessons to succeed as an entrepreneur
- How you can implement the right practices for success and growth
- One thing that matters most, beyond marketing and business strategies
This episode is also available in a blog format:
Resources and inspiration:
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- How to manage time and build productive habits
- How to ask questions and run a survey
Take action now:
- Share in the comments what is the biggest take away you got from this episode!
- Press “subscribe” or the button “+” on your podcast app to automatically receive new episodes.