It is already quite difficult to keep up with our goals and grow our businesses when life is so busy, but it can get even more complicated when living abroad and moving from one country to another.
Mariam Ottimofiore shares how she managed to commit to her goal, finish, publish and promote her book while going through a messy transition and moving with her family from Dubai (UAE) to Accra (Ghana).
“I had to finish this, I owed it to myself!”
Mariam Ottimofiore is a Pakistani expat who has spent the past 17 years living abroad in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Singapore, UAE and Ghana. She is an economist, writer, researcher, author and blogger at ‘And Then We Moved To’ in which she explores expat life, raising multicultural and multilingual children, and world travel. Her newly published book ‘This Messy Mobile Life; How a MOLA can help globally mobile families create a life by design’ (Summertime Publishing 2019) is the first book in the expat genre that ties in multiculturalism, multilingualism and mobility to equip international families to navigate the complex challenges they face as a modern family. Find her contacts below!
Here is a great free resource Mariam prepared for you:
What you will learn
- What was the first step Mariam took before tackling her goal
- What are the challenges she had to deal with during the move
- What helped her not give up despite the challenges
Resources and inspiration
Check out related podcast episodes and important info on the topic:
- How to blog, grow an audience and be paid for your writing – Mariam Ottimofiore
- How to sell more books and grow your audience! – With Lisa Ferland
Find Mariam online
Take action now:
- Share in the comments what was your greatest insight from these episodes!
- Do you enjoy listening to this podcast show? Leave on your review on your favorite app – iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play