One of the toughest decisions to make as an entrepreneur is knowing when it is time to stop or move on to another venture.
In this episode, you will hear the inspiring story of Marcelle Yeager who shares how she made the difficult decision to close one of her businesses so she could focus on what was working.
“I had to make that tough decision to move forward in my business”
Marcelle Yeager’s background is in strategic communication. When she and her husband agreed to take the first assignment abroad that he was offered, she quit her promising career at home and started taking some jobs and doing some freelance work in Uzbekistan. Very soon after that she launched her first business Career Valet. Career Valet provides resume support and has empowered hundreds of mid to senior level professionals and executives to reach the next level by strengthening their career narratives.
On top of that business, Marcelle also launched a second business called Serving Talent, a service company specifically designed to help military spouses find a job and build their professional success while moving from a country to another.
In 2019 Marcelle made a big decision which was to close her second business Serving Talent, and she explains today why she chose to do that and what helped her make that difficult decision.
What you will learn
- What factors to consider when deciding to close a business or pivot
- What challenges might come along the way and how to deal with them
- How to prepare a good transition to new ventures confidence to succeed in business
Resources and inspiration:
- Why Serving Talent is Closing
- Marcelle Yeager, expat partner in Santiago, Chile
- How to start a successful business from scratch – Marcelle Yeager
Find Marcelle online
Take action now:
- Share in the comments what was your greatest insight from these episodes!
- Do you enjoy listening to this podcast show? Leave on your review on your favorite app – iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play