Whenever a client or an organization approaches me to ask me to bring insights about how to prepare the next move, my alarm bell rings, because I think this is the #1 question that can lead to expat life major challenges.
“Most expats and organizations spend more energy on planning the logistical aspects of the relocation instead of figuring out how it fits to the big picture.”
Most expats and organizations that help expats prepare their move abroad are often focusing most of the energy on the short-term aspects. Here is what we need to focus on more in order to create a successful expatriation experience on the long run.
What You Will Learn
- What has to change about the way expats plan their next move
- What you should focus on instead when planning the next move
- Why this is crucial for the success of your portable business
This episode is also available in a blog format:
Resources And Inspiration:
Finding and aligning with what you want:
- Stop trying to reinvent yourself, do this instead!
- 3 steps to career and life reinvention with Sundae Bean
- “Don’t bury your needs, speak up for yourself.” Evelyn Simpson – Edinburgh
Supporting your expat family on the move:
- Sundae Bean
- The Culture Blend
- And Then We Moved To…
- Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds: The original, classic book on TCKs
Making your business truly portable:
- 3 risky mistakes expat partners make with their portable business
- How to know if your business is truly portable
- 15 portable business ideas that are not coaching businesses
- What is a portable business and how to make it scalable
- 6 rules to grow your portable business – Amel Derragui
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!