Research has shown that having a strong sense of purpose has real benefits for our physical and mental health, our relationships and even our life expectancy! Yet so often expat partners feel that it is somehow not okay for them to want ‘more’ from their globally mobile lives.
This week, my friend and colleague Sundae Schneider-Bean and I are breaking down some of the big myths about finding your purpose. We’re explaining why not embracing your purpose is dangerous, how starting a business can help you find your purpose and why right now is the time to really start taking action, despite all the uncertainty in our world.
If you are struggling with how you can make an impact on the world around you when you have to keep moving or want to feel more fulfilled despite not having a ‘typical’ career, this episode is for you!
“Research shows that lack of purpose is life-threatening.”
Sundae is an intercultural specialist and solution-oriented coach. She is a member of the Forbes Coaches Council and host of the podcast, Expat Happy Hour. Sundae is the mother of two third-culture kids and has lived overseas since 1998.
Originally from the US, she has lived in Switzerland, Burkina Faso and is now in South Africa. She has helped individuals from more than 60 countries go through transitions and change. Sundae also works with individuals seeking more purpose and meaning as they face the challenges of living globally mobile lives as well as supporting multinational companies and NGOs to help their employees make the most of their time abroad.
What You Will Learn
- What important things you should know when you are looking for a bigger sense of purpose.
- Why the search of purpose often leads to impactful business ideas.
- What the factors of success are for a meaningful business.
Resources and inspiration:
- Dual career couples & putting the business at the same level as the partner’s job – With Jennifer Petriglieri
- Life Is in the Transitions: Mastering Change at Any Age by Bruce Feiler
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The Scale of Wholeness
Find Sundae Online
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!