TN242: Prioritizing self-care and keeping up with business in tough times – Part 2 with Melissa Tiessen and Karen Dyck
One of the biggest challenges as a solo entrepreneur (or probably any entrepreneur) is that if you are not doing well personally, your business is likely to struggle too.
It is really important to understand that you are human and it is totally normal that there will be times when you cannot be on the top of your game, but how can you create a sustainable business for the long-term that continues to provides real revenue if you struggle in your personal life, be it physically, mentally, family wise, or have a lot to carry on your shoulders?
Self-care is much broader than the stereotypes we often hear, self-care is about creating a life that you don’t need to escape from – Melissa Tiessen
This is the second episode of a two-podcast series podcast where Karen Dyck and Melissa Tiessen. They are business partners and founders of Intentional Therapist.
If you have not yet, make sure to tune into the first part before you listen to this episode.
Melissa and Karen are two mid-career(ish) psychologists who love what they do and also recognize how important it is to take care of themselves in this work. They know that there are so many other female mental health professionals like them who are trying to balance their careers with additional caregiving roles – whether young children, aging parents, or anything in between. They created Intentional Therapist to help female mental health professionals make themselves a priority, stay healthy and happy through intentional, creative, and playful self-care.
What you will learn:
- What kind of simple solutions you can implement to keep consistency in your business while taking the time to pause or slow down
- How to communicate with clients when things go wrong in your personal life and you need to take a pause
- What the 4 pillars of self-care are that Melissa and Karen use to help their clients but also use for themselves
Resources and inspiration:
- Find the first part of this episode here
- Keeping up with business in situations of personal crisis with Allison Hamilton-Rohe
- Beyond Portable: build a business that is sustainable through any transition
Find Melissa and Karen Online:
- Website: www.intentionaltherapist.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Love!
Do you enjoy listening to this podcast show? Leave your review on your favorite app: iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments! CLICK HERE