In the episode 10, “to work or not to work…”, I promised to bring you some practical insights to answer this sometimes uncomfortable question for expat partners: “what do you do?”
Stephanie Ward is American and lives in the Netherlands where she emigrated for love, she is a Business and Marketing Mentor and passionate about igniting small businesses success.
She shares with you some great applicable tips to answer the question “what do you do?” in a comprehensive and memorable way that fits to your personal or professional situation.
We will discuss for instance, how to answer the question if:
- You are looking for a job.
- You are building or developing a business.
- You are going through a transition period, such as when you just arrive in a new country.
- You are a stay-at-home mom.
We will also discuss:
- How to answer the question “what brought you here?” when you don’t want to start a conversation mentioning the job assignment of your spouse that took you to the country where you are.
- How to make sure that people reach out to you if they need you.
Find Stephanie Ward:
Additionally to this episode, you can find more insights from Stephanie on this topic via this great blog post: The right way to say what is it that you do.