Sundae Schneider-Bean is on a mission to help you make the most of your life abroad. She has so much experience and advice to share that we invited her back on the podcast for another episode. In this episode, she shares her three steps to career and life reinvention.
Sundae is an intercultural specialist and a solution-oriented coach. She’s a mother to third-culture kids and has lived overseas since 1998. She comes from the US and has lived in Switzerland, Burkina Faso and today lives in South Africa. She has helped individuals from over 40 countries go through transitions and change. Sundae also works with multinational companies and NGOs to support their employees. And of course, she has had to reinvent herself and has been through the journey a lot of expat partners are facing.
Glimpse on Sundae’s tips in this episode:
- Some of the major challenges with reinvention that expat partners have
“Expat partners feel something inside that says I want something more, but they can’t say it out loud as they feel guilty about feeling this way”
- How to define what you really want to do
“Knowing what you want is in your guts, it is in your body; not is your brain”.
- How to design an action plan
“When it feels almost too far to reach, but you want it so bad, that is when you know that you hit it”
- How to build resilience and the support system you need
“Reinvention is not comfortable; you need to really want it to go through with it.”
Sundae’s book recommendation:
More from Sundae
- Check out her new podcast: Expat Happy Hour with Sundae Bean
- You can find our last interview with Sunday here: TN28 Dealing with High Risk Security Risks and Uncertainty
Find her online:
- Web: http://sundaebean.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SundaeSchneiderBeanLLC