This is a replay of an episode that first aired in January 2016. However, as we approach the holidays and the start of the new year, the advice and information about practicing mindfulness are still important and relevant today.
Jodi Harris is American, grew up in Texas Austin, since then she has been living in Madagascar, Washington DC and today she lives in Japan with her husband and three kids.
After graduating with a Masters in Social Work, she started her career as a clinical social worker, providing counseling and psychotherapy to immigrants in the US. When her husband got his first job abroad, she was pretty sure that she would easily be able to convert her skills to the countries where they would be moving to. It turned out to not be that easy, but Jodi took the time to define her strengths and reflect on herself. By the end of her first year in Madagascar, she started her coaching business, called World Tree Coaching LLC, that she has been since taking with everywhere she went. Jodi is also the author of “The Expat Activity Book” and also a Mindfulness trainer and Personal Leadership Facilitator.
Highlights from the episode:
- How to build the right mindset to be resistant to challenges.
- How she managed a tough evacuation as her son got very sick.
- How she built a new identity and stability for herself.
“Slow down and savour, you might then see windows that you haven’t noticed before.”
Jodi’s habits in relocation:
Jodi’s Online Resources:
Facetime, Facebook, Instagram.
Jodi’s book recommendations:
- Where ever you go, there you are, by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Expat Activity Book. 20 personal development exercises for gaining insight and maximizing your potential where ever you are. by Jodi Harris.
Find Jodi Harris:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @
- Facebook: World Tree Coaching
- LinkedIn: Jodi Harris Coach
Gift for you!
You can download copies of 3 of the exercises from Jodi’s book as well as a free download of Jodi’s chapter on mindfulness from the book Raising Kids in the Foreign Service. Both are at this link: http://www.worldtreecoaching.com/320-2/